How to Apply Legal Heir Certificate Online Step by Step Procedure
A legal heir certificate is a very important document to establish the relationship between the deceased person and legal heirs. So in this post, we will tell you how to apply a legal heir certificate online step by step. In this post, we will also clarify some points according to the legal heirship certificate. Hope this helps you.
- What is a legal heirship certificate?
- Which following persons are considered as legal heirs and can claim a legal heir certificate
- List of required documents:
What is a legal heirship certificate?
A legal heirship certificate is issued to identify the living heirs of a deceased person. Generally, for any property purchase or registration of a deceased person, the buyer should request a legal heir certificate to any ascertain the ownership of the property. There can be instances, where there are several legal heirs in such cases, it is required that all legal heirs sign on the deed of conveyance giving their approval to avoid any litigation.
- A legal heir certificate is different from a succession certificate. Legal heir certificate usage is limited to certain matters such as claiming employee benefits of the deceased, insurance claims, property registration, etc.
These following persons are considered legal heirs and can claim a legal heir certificate under Indian Law:
- Spouse of the deceased person
- Children of the deceased person (Son/ Daughter)
- Parents of the deceased person
- Sibling of the deceased person ( if he/she unmarried )
- A grandchild of the deceased person
How to apply legal heir certificate online step by step procedure:
Nowadays you can apply heirs certificate online by logging in to the district portal.
- Step 1 - Go to e district portal.
- Step 2 - Create your new ID.
- Step 3 - Then log in your page with your new ID.
- Step 4 - Click on apply for new service.
- Step 5 - Go to the application for the legal heir’s certificate.
- Step 6 - Then click on a new application. Fill up the form properly.
- Step 7 - After fill-up, the form, submit your form, and click on the payment option. Do properly the payment method.
- Step 8 - After payment, there will be generating an application number, and also you will download the receipt also.
After that, if your application accepted by authority then you will get your legal heirs certificate in this portal page as soon as possible.
List of required documents:
- Duly signed the application form applicant.
- Identity and Address proof of the applicant.
- Death certificate of the deceased person.
- Address proof of the deceased person.
- DOB proof of all legal heirs.
- A self-undertaking affidavit.
Comments ( 0 )
Leave a comment..
Subscribe Latest Information